The flag of Portugal consists of a rectangle vertically divided into green, at the hoist, and red, at the fly, with the minor version of the national coat of arms (armillary sphere and Portuguese shield) centered over the boundary between the colors. It was officially adopted on 30 June 1911, replacing the flag used under the constitutional monarchy, after it was chosen among several proposals by a special commission, whose members included Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro, João Chagas and Abel Botelho.
12″ x 18″ lightweight polyester flag mounted to a 30″ natural wood staff with a gold spear top.
⚠WARNING: Cancer and / or Reproductive Harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.