The flag of Lithuania is a horizontal tricolor of yellow, green and red. The flag was adopted on March 20, 1989 on the reestablishment of independence from the Soviet Union. Before its re-adoption, the flag had been used from 1918 until 1940, when Lithuania was occupied and annexed by the Soviet Union. After a brief occupation by Nazi Germany (1941-1945), from 1945 until 1989, the Soviet Lithuanian flag consisted first of a generic red Soviet flag with the name of the republic, then changed to the red flag with white and green bars at the bottom. The last alteration to the current flag occurred in 2004 when the aspect ratio changed from 1:2 to 3:5.
3′ x 5′ nylon flag with white canvas heading and brass grommets for outdoor use.