The colors of this flag were taken from the uniforms of Baron von Luetzow’s volunteers which fought in the Napoleonic wars. They wore black jackets with red lapels and gold buttons. The flag was first used in 1832 until 1892 when the Bismarck replaced the flag with his colors of black, white and red. In 1919 with Germany’s defeat, Germany was declared a Republic and the black, red and gold tri-color was adopted. In 1933 the Nazi party replaced the flag with their swastika flags. After the war, in 1949, the tricolor was reinstated.
2′ x 3′ nylon flag with white canvas heading and brass grommets for outdoor use.